Mercy Health Porter Maintenance Environmental Services Mercy Health PRN in North Lima, Ohio
Porter Maintenance Environmental Services Mercy Health PRN
Job ID: 4660567
Updated: March 13, 2018
Geographic Location: Youngstown
Location: North Lima, OH, United States
Department: Environmental Services
Full/Part Time: PRN
Standard Hours: 0
The mission of Mercy Health is to extend the healing ministry of Jesus by improving the health of our communities with emphasis on people who are poor and under-served.
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Performs routine floor care including but not limited to carpet scrubbing, floor stripping, floor waxing, buffing, damp mopping, and carpet cleaning. Responsible for snow removal of entrances and all walkways, exterior asthetics, and event setup as required. Performs trash removal. Performs general maintenance including painting. Organizes and manages cleaning supplies and equipment according to departmental policies and OSHA regulations. May also provide housekeeping services where needed.
Qualifications - Minimum
E DUCATION :
High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Previous demonstrated experience with heavy floor care machinery preferred.
- Previous experience general maintenance experience preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Ability to frequently lift at least 50 pounds is required. Position involves frequent bending, reaching, climbing, grasping, kneeling and squatting.
PRINCIPAL JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Assures compliance with both Humility House and department policy and procedures.
- Organizes and manages cleaning supplies and equipment according to departmental policies and OSHA regulations.
- Performs routine floor care including but not limited to carpeting scrubbing, floor stripping, waxing and buffing.
- Performs trash removal.
- Responsible for snow removal of entrances and walkways. Responsible for upkeep of patio and entrance areas.
- Responsible for light grounds keeping such as parking lot cleanup and maintaining cleanliness of staff outside break area.
- Performs general maintenance duties including but not limited to hanging of shelves, patching/painting of facility walls, interior/exterior lighting, equipment repair, furniture repair and other general facility maintenance duties as assigned by Manager, Maintenance/Environmental Services.
- Scheduled accordingly to meet patient (resident) care needs/operational demands including overtime as needed.
JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES – Other:
1. Participates in and supports other related facility functions as needed.
2. Performs other related duties as required.
The above statements are only meant to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
Hours per pay period: 0
Shift and Job Schedule
Job Shift: Other, Job Schedule: Contingent
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is our policy to abide by all Federal and State laws, as well as, the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a), prohibiting discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibiting discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.