Powell Industries, Inc. Shipper in North Canton, Ohio
- Performs stock room functions including picking parts, stock maintenance, and inventory daily cycle counts.
- Verify and prepare items for outgoing shipment.
- Coordinate delivery requests, appointments and requirements.
- Prepare all shipping paperwork/documents.
- Deliver material from manufacturing area to the shipping department by physically moving parts by hand, forklift and crane and securing loads when required.
- Process necessary Oracle transactions in the shipping function.
- File freight, damage or loss claims.
- Examine outgoing shipments to ensure that they meet specifications.
- Maintain inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- Promote a safety culture as well as attend all safety meetings.
- Ensure quality by following standard work instructions and identifying any potential risks to product quality.
- Ensure work area remains clean and well organized.
- Other duties as required.
- Comprehension and understanding of shop drawings.
- Conscientious, thorough, accurate, and reliable when performing and completing job tasks.
- Ability to learn and adhere to all manufacturing policies and practices to ensure adherence to ISO requirements.
- Able to work effectively within your team and around other departments and their activities.
- Must have a basic command of the English language, both written and verbal.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a Shipping and Receiving environment.
- Basic level computer skills in MS Office products.
- Must have valid forklift certification with a minimum of 1-2 years’ experience.
- Safety certifications are an asset for the position.