Materion Senior Tax Analyst in Mayfield Heights, Ohio
Simply stated, Materion makes advanced materials that improve the world. We are a global leader in creating innovative,high performance engineered material solutions andservices for a wide range of growth industries:high-tech consumer electronics,telecommunications,commercial aerospace,defense,medical,automotive, and many more.
Our products, services and expertise help enable customers’ technologies. We supply sophisticated thin film coatings for hard disk drives, specialty inorganic chemicals for solar energy panels, bio-compatible materials for implantable medical devices, specialty alloys for miniature consumer electronics components, optical filters for thermal imaging, critical components for infrared sensing technology, special materials for LEDs and much more. As the world’s only integrated “mine-to-mill” supplier of beryllium-based products, we also offer beryllium, specialty engineered beryllium alloys and beryllium composites.
As a team of 2,600 associates, we partner with customers in more than 50 countries. In 2017, we generated over $1B+ in revenues and made an exciting new acquisition that expanded our footprint in the U.S., Europe and Asia.
For more information, check out our video “Materion Is”along with other videoshttps://www.youtube.com/user/MaterionVideos/playlists_ of us showing you how we’re Making a Difference our shared purpose of” Making Advanced materials that Improve the World.”_
Click on any of the icons below to connect with Materion on social media.
JOB PURPOSE AND REPORTING STRUCTURE
As the Senior Tax Analyst you will support the domestic and international tax compliance and tax accounting processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work directly with the outsourced firms to prepare the federal return (consolidating approximately 20 U.S. corporations) and assist with calculating taxable income, foreign tax credit, and disclosures.
- Engage as appropriate in U.S. compliance for foreign affiliates.
- Prepare federal schedule m adjustments for quarterly estimates and provisions.
- Assist in the quarterly and annual ASC740 financial reporting including federal, state, and international aspects.
- Assist in quarterly and year-end tax close processes. Provide support and documentation for IRS and state audits.
- Engage in federal integration of corporate reorganizations, acquisitions, and dispositions.
- Stay current with federal, international, and state tax developments.
- Participate in tax planning and process improvement initiatives.
- Prepare spreadsheet analyses & reports using SAP, Onestream, Excel and OneSource tax software. Assist with internal and external audit requests.
- Responsible for special projects as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Business or a related field, Masters or JD a plus.
- CPA or actively pursuing your CPA a plus Minimum 3 years’ experience in corporate taxation (federal tax experience a must) with some public accounting experience preferred.
- Proficiency in the SAP, Onestream, Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel.
- Strong communication skills and a team attitude are mandatory.
Job ID: 2018-2300
# of Openings: 1
Business Unit: Corporate
Relocation Provided: No
Category: Finance & Accounting