TimkenSteel Corporation Supervisor in Training- Production/Maintenance in Canton, Ohio
Discover career-defining opportunities at TimkenSteel. We are a modern-day startup company with over 100 years of steelmaking behind us. We manufacture some of the world’s cleanest alloy steel using state-of-the-art technologies to help customers push the bounds of what’s possible. And we rely on our core values – ethics and integrity, quality, innovation and independence – to create steel products and services to solve the world’s toughest challenges.
The selected candidates will participate in a 6 month training program in either a production or maintenance field to become successful in the following areas: supervise personnel, processing, scheduling, maintenance, safety, housekeeping, and training for an 8 hour production shift in the plants, with the goal of meeting TimkenSteel's mission statement of producing the highest quality alloy steel at the lowest unit cost. Required to work overtime, rotating shifts/ schedules, or weekends as per business needs. Once the 6 month training is completed, participants will be placed in a supervisor position at one of our three Canton steel plants.
Training in the program will prepare participants for supervisor responsibilities including:
- Safety & Environmental- Provide a safe work environment and promote employee safety as the number one goal at TimkenSteel.
- Productivity- Work to achieve higher asset utilization through improved reliability and scheduling efficiency. Promote an understanding of customer needs and the necessity for delivering our products on time.
- Continuous Improvement- Continue the development of technology and create an environment that encourages this in others and seeks continual improvement. Promote aggressiveness and innovation to push the limits of normal operation.
- Communications- Maintain good employee relations. Represent the company to employees, customers and public.
- Costs- Maximize potential of all resources.
High School Diploma with 7 years manufacturing or supervisor experience
Associates of Business or a Trade with 6 years manufacturing or supervisor experience
Bachelors Degree of Business or a Trade with 4 years manufacturing or supervisor experience
Familiarity with a union environment
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Requisition ID: 12002