Intertek RT Level II Technician in Canton, Ohio
RT Level II Technician
Intertek provides non-destructive testing (NDT), materials testing, and welding services for a diverse range of industries. We help our customers ensure the reliability and safety of their products, equipment, or plant assets with our world-class services in non-destructive testing (NDT), materials testing, and welding quality. We understand the processes involved throughout the entire product cycle – from design and manufacture to operation and maintenance - and the frequent need for rapid turnaround times. Our services can support production processes, quality control, and regulatory compliance as well as new construction, pipelines, plant maintenance and scheduled shutdown inspection.
We are seeking experienced NDT Level II Technicians (ET, MT, PT, RT, UTT) for positions in the Canton, OH area, for both local work and out-of-area assignments.
The duties and responsibilities of the NDT Level II Technician are oriented toward the inspection of assigned materials, objects, or systems using one or more of the following NDT methods:
· Ultrasonic Testing (UT): Using standard ultrasonic equipment with compression and shear waves to test for thickness or flaws in materials and welds, or to check for disbonding or laminations.
· Ultrasonic Testing (UTT): Application of compression waves in routine thickness measurement. (Digital readout and/or A-scan presentation).
· Magnetic Particle Testing (MT): Application of standard magnetic particle examinations on ferromagnetic materials utilizing yokes, prods, or coils and dry particles or wet fluorescent techniques.
· Dye-Penetrant Testing (PT): Application of standard penetrant materials using solvent or water washable, visible, or fluorescent techniques.
· Visual Testing (VT): Applicable for dimensional inspection of machined parts and general fabrication, repair, or alteration of petrochemical equipment, structures, and piping components. This may include the review and verification of material against their certified Material Test Reports (MTR), visual inspection of parts, follow-up and preparation of material prior to welding, and inspection of material preparation for painting.
· Radiographic Testing Film Interpretation (RTFI): Applicable to film interpretation of radiographs, evaluation of the radiographic method, and overall evaluation of radiographic film to applicable codes and standards acceptance criteria.
· Set up and calibrate equipment and interpret and evaluate results with respect to applicable codes, standards, and specifications.
· The NDT Level II Technician should be thoroughly familiar with the scope and limitations of the methods for which qualified, and shall exercise assigned responsibility for on the job training and guidance of assigned trainees and NDT Level I personnel.
· The NDT Level II Technician shall be able to organize and report the results of any assigned NDT.
· Adopt an Intertek “marketing and sales” attitude in all client, vendor, employee, and outside contact interactions.
· Actively pursue continuing technical education courses or seminars.
· High School Diploma or equivalent with at least 3 years of inspection related experience.
· Must be qualified and certified in one or more of the following NDT Methods that will be utilized:
o Radiographic examination
o Liquid Penetrant examination
o Magnetic Particle examination (Yoke and Prod techniques)
o Visual examination
o Leak Testing/Hydro Testing
o Ultrasonic Thickness Measurement
· Must be able to operate inspection testing apparatus including:
o MT AC Yoke with power supply, blacklight, visible light meter
o UT instruments with digital thickness readout and graphic “A-scan” presentation
o Thickness measurement calibration blocks
o Dual-element transducer
o UV light meter
o Surface temperature thermometers
o Penetrant testing tools and supplies
· Must demonstrate the ability to read the equivalent of the size and letters of the Jaeger II Chart at a minimum distance of 12 inches and distinguish and differentiate the contrasts between colors illustrated on an Ishihara Test Chart.
· Be able to climb ladders/platforms to heights of 225 feet, in increments of up to 40 feet at one time. Any fear of heights (acrophobia) should be identified.
· Inspection personnel performing work on elevated piping shall be capable of wearing the required fall protection equipment.
· Inspection personnel shall be physically capable of crawling in and out of small manways, climb inside vessels, towers, heaters, or other confined spaces for inspection activities, often wearing Self Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) as required to comply with safety regulations. Any fear of closeness (claustrophobia) should be identified.
· Be able to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects weighing up to 40 pounds.
· Inspection personnel are required to work in both environmental conditions, inside and outside. Inspection personnel may be subject to extreme cold (temperatures below 32 degrees Fahrenheit for periods of more than (1) hour) or to extreme heat (temperatures above 100 degrees Fahrenheit for periods of more than (1) hour).
Intertek offers a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market. We promote a culture where motivated, customer-oriented employees can flourish, experience professional fulfillment, and reach their highest potential. We offer medical, prescription, dental, vision, life and disability insurance plans, 401(k) with company match, paid time off (vacation, sick, holiday), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Employee Assistance Program (EAP), tuition reimbursement, and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
Auto req ID:
State or Province: