IBI Group Office Lead - Land Development in Canton, Ohio
Engineers thrive on solving problems by putting their logic and creativity together. They are able to invent, explore, and question to enhance the areas around us. IBI Group engineers work in multiple disciplines and collaborate on larger initiatives.
IBI Group’s Canton, Ohio office is searching for an Office Lead to join its growing team.
Are you looking for a challenging opportunity that can move your career to the next level?
Then come discover what IBI has to offer.
IBI Group offers you a career you can Define…Discover It!
This individual will be responsible for managing IBI Group operations in the Canton, Ohio office.
The individual will have bottom-line accountability for the office’s operational results including financial performance, professional/technical excellence, staff motivation and development, and client satisfaction. The individual will work with the Ohio office lead and the other office, subsector and practice leads in developing the office’s professional practice in accordance with the Region’s business plan and objectives.
Additionally this individual will be a senior subsector civil project manager in the civil/land development group. This person will build upon, develop and lead the NE Ohio civil/land development practice by developing contacts, pursuing projects, managing projects and growing a staff presence in NE Ohio. Strong experience as a project manager with the ability to win work from County Engineers, local municipalities, architects, developers, and other private development entities
This position will report to the Ohio Office lead and the civil/land development subsector lead.
• Assist with the preparation of the office’s annual business plan and associated updates in consultation with senior colleagues, regional and sector goals
• Control the office budget and track the performance of project teams and staff against the approved business plan, and initiate corrective action as required to achieve the office targets for profitability, billings, and collections
• Collaborate with the Ohio Office lead and the civil/land development subsector lead and other colleagues to achieve the firm’s objectives for enhancing and growing the firm’s professional practice and effective use of the firm’s resources
• Spearhead the office marketing activities and review all proposals and contracts in the office to ensure consistency with the Region and sector’s approved business plan and adherence to the firm’s corporate and professional standards
• Make recommendations to the Ohio Office lead and the civil/land development subsector lead on recruitment, hiring, discipline, and staff reductions in the office in consultation with senior colleagues
• Ensure that staff development and motivation are given a high priority
• Coordinate the implementation of corporate policies and standards in the office
• Ensure that the office complies with relevant laws
• Ensure semi-annual performance reviews are completed for all staff in the office in consultation with the senior colleagues and the civil/land development subsector lead
• Recommend compensation changes and promotions for staff in the office, including performance components, based on the firm’s compensation policies and the financial/operational results of the office and its portfolio of projects
• Coordinate follow-up on any legal actions involving the firm in the office in consultation with the Ohio office lead and Corporate Counsel
• Provide bi-weekly reports to the Ohio Office Lead and the civil/land development lead on the performance of the office and related issues, problems, and opportunities
• Prepare budgets, proposals, and contracts, and facilitate the negotiation of contracts
• Assist subsector lead with strategic and tactical management of the transportation group
• Assist subsector lead in the development of global transportation work between IBI offices
• Assist subsector lead with Business development across sectors and markets
• Work directly with senior management and sector lead to facilitate work across offices and sectors
• Assist with and develop/maintain relationships and manage clients and projects
• Provide QA/QC for staff
• Mentor staff and assist with training and staff development
The individual will have a successful record in business/office management within the industry Candidates will have firsthand knowledge of the scope of the firm’s services and delivery processes, and will understand the associated professional/technical requirements.
Required skills include:
• Ohio P.E.
• Project management
• People management
• Ability to build relationships and teams
• Drive positive outcomes
• Excellent written and verbal communications
Candidates must prove they can:
• adapt to changing business environments by organizing and improving the delivery of professional/technical services and products
• motivate senior colleagues and staff in the office to work as a team
• mentor them on project management, client relations, communications, and multi-disciplinary collaboration
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.