Aultman Health Foundation LPN in Canton, Ohio
Location Aultman Hospital
Department AULTWORKS-TIMKEN STEEL
Schedule Part Time
Shift Varied Shifts
Demonstrate good communication skills
Demonstrated integrity and strong work ethic
The primary responsibilities of the On-Site Occupational Health Nurse is to deliver clinical and educational/wellness/onsite programs offered through AultWorks Occupational Medicine on-site at companies. The On Site Occupational Health Nurse is an active member of the team assuring appropriate medical delivery and assisting in coordinating an individual client's health care services from the onset of injury or illness to a safe return to work or an optimal alternative.
- Works in conjunction with the AultWorks Executive Medical Director and Program Director to assist in
coordination and delivery of occupational medicine services.
Maintains AultWorks and Aultman Health Foundation standards of confidentiality.
Assures compliance with Aultman Health Foundation/Hospital/AultWorks clinical policies and procedures.
Attends appropriate seminars and conferences to meet the occupational nursing needs of AultWorks.
Identifies and maintains communication among all stakeholders and team members.
Assists in the coordination of ancillary clinical services; to include but not limited to urine drug
screens, breath alcohol testing according to Federal Regulations; immunizations, annual medical screening and
testing, safety education training and onsite nursing services.
- Provides direct care as needed under the direction of the occupational medicine physicians and utilizing
- Provides occupational health surveillance testing including pulmonary function testing, audiometric testing,
vision screening and other testing as appropriate.
- Serves as the occupational medicine program Urine Drug Screen (UDS) collector trainer as established in the
49 CFR Part 40 procedures that apply to the federally mandated transportation testing.
- Collaborates with the Program Manager and Account Executive in designing and implementing onsite
occupational nursing services.
- Develops and conducts educational programs to enhance and promote the goals of the occupational medicine
- Maintains awareness of technological and professional changes associated with occupational and
Environmentalhealth and safety.
- Responsible for program compliance in all regulated areas, working in conjunction with the Medical Director,
Program Manager and clinical staff.
Three or more years experience in occupational health clinical nursing, preferred.
Strong organization and communication abilities.
Experience in coordinating services working with multiple systems and priorities.
Current license to practice as anLPNin the state of Ohio.
Prior experience in occupational health nursing
Ability to make independent clinical judgments, solve problems and prioritize workload.
Knowledge of occupational and environmental health services, clinic management, governmental regulations,
team process, quality improvement, teaching skills, and computer processes.
- Additional training/experience as a UDS collection instructor, BAT technician, pulmonary function tester,
audio logy hearing tester, BLS/First Aid Instructor is preferred.
- Certification in Occupational Health Nursing preferred.
May work 8, 10 or 12 hours shifts, days, afternoons or midnights. Occasional overtime as needed to meet deadlines.
Lunch periods and breaks are flexible to meet the needs of the position and department.
Works in well-lighted/ventilated office.
Subject to frequent interruptions and changes in priority of duties throughout the day.
Expected to adhere to hospital policies and procedures.
Expected to fulfill position description requirements.
Hazard Exposure Category: 3.
The Completion of all annual requirements is mandatory every year. Pay raises will be held until completion is documented. These may include:
Any other requirements for specific area
O = Occasionally 0-33% of the work shift or 0-32 repetitions F = Frequently 34-66% of the work shift or 32-200+ repetitions
C = Constantly 67-100% of the work shift or 200+ repetitions
N = Not Present Not essential job requirement
O Standing O Stooping/Bending
F Walking O Twisting/Turning
O Lifting (wt 20#) O Kneeling/Squatting
O Carrying (wt 20#) N Crawling
O Pushing (wt 20#) F Reaching Up/Reaching Forward
Additional information concerning physical requirements for the position: The majority of the time is spent working with data entry and system coordination.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.